Our Hurricane Screens are made of a unique woven mesh. It is composed of 50% Aramid fibers - “almost bullet proof” - same fabric is used in ballistic vest.
Storm Tex Screens also double as a screen for sun control, privacy and weather protection, such as rain and wind.
However, the primary purpose of this fabric is prevent flying debris to compromise the building envelope by breaking windows or doors.
- Hurricane fabric screen system for storm protection
- Can be manual or motorized
- Vertical zip keder retention system with bullet zipper welded to fabric on both sides to achieve higher wind loads
- Starting housing size of 6.5"
- Sizes up to 24' width
- 50% aramid fibers - fabric used in ballistic vest
- Building Codes: FBC / TDI / HVHZ
- Florida Certificate of Product Approval # FL31165
A bullet style zip keder is the key component of this end retention system, as if secures the Fabric in the side tracks.
- Our world class wireless components make operating your hurricane screens effortless.
- Remote control via hand held remote or wireless designer wall switch.
- Mylink: Do you like to control things with your smart device? Add a MyLink radio controller and download a simple App allowing you to control your shading system from anywhere!
Our screen can be equipped with obstacle detection system.
- Prevent damage to screen when obstacle is encountered
- Automatically retracts screen
- Prevent damage to items placed in screens path
- Ensure longer life span
- Prevents expensive, unwanted repairs and replacements
We offer architecturally pleasing frame colors to either match or accentuate your home. Our powder coated finishes are second to none in durability and appearance. Custom color powder coating is available to match any color.
Hurricane Fabric is available in 3 different colors:
- Black / Tan
- White / Tan